Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Duchess

The wretched AOL Moviefone has the exclusive new teaser of Keira Knightley's The Duchess.









Hopefully someone will put it on YouTube soon.

I think it looks much better than The Other Boleyn Girl myself. The costumes are to die for, particularly that feathered cavalier hat. And her hair! Maybe Knightley can bring back voluminous curls.

I like Keira Knightley. I really do wish people would stop picking on her about her weight. It shouldn't reflect on her professional work in the slightest, and I think it's appalling it came up so much in reviews of Atonement. I saw her Singapore Pirate outfit on display and while I know it's a lot of layers, it was hardly anorexic sized.

She reminds me of a friend I had who could not, no matter what she did, put on weight. She had to have her shoes custom made because she had no fat or muscle to protect her bones. School was torture for her, people stopped her on the streets urging her to seek help for her anorexia. Whether you are excessively thin or excessively fat, people seem to think it's all right to call you out. It's poor form.

Well, rant over. I think this looks interesting. She has the perfect accent for an ancestor of Princess Diana. I'm looking forward to it, if only for the costumes. And the sex scenes, those look hot too.

No comments: