Thursday, November 22, 2007

P.S. I Love You: Hottest Ad Campaign of 2007

So, how hot is the ad campaign for P.S. I Love You?



I'd say very hot. When was the last time you saw a romantic comedy poster that implied, you know, actual adult sex.

I mean, seriously--all they've got to do is unzip their jeans. For all we know, they already have! Nice!

I love it. Not just because I'm desperately in love with Butler and thus think all sorts of filthy thoughts while looking at it, but because it's quite mature. I'm sick of seeing sexless love stories. I never thought I would see the day when a movie about Casanova lacked a sex scene.

Let us applaud P.S. I Love You (or at least the marketers at Warner Bros) for taking such a bold step. While it's hardly treading where even The Libertine dared go, it's a start in the right direction. The characters are adults. The audience for this film are adults. Let's show some reality.

Of course, I'm sure I'm giving Warner Bros too much credit and they are simply banking on Butler's infamous ass shot in 300. In which case, it's still pretty smart. He has a nice bum. He burned up the screen with Lena Headey. Maybe Warner Bros is saying "Hey ladies--remember that? This is that guy! He's always doing that!"

(Are you, Mr. Butler? This lady reporter demands to know.)

There's more like them over at the official website, or you can visit one of Butler's numerous fan sites. The chemistry between Swank and Butler is so intense I'm quite surprised they didn't actually hook up off-camera.

No comments: